Grand Canyon vacations begin here
Few things in life will leave you as speechless as the Grand Canyon. Roughly a two-hour drive from the resort, the South Rim offers the most ways to experience this natural wonder: by raft, helicopter, airplane, motorcoach, Jeep, bikes or even on the back of a mule. The concierge at Kimpton Amara Resort & Spa is happy to help you plan your Grand Canyon adventure.
In the meantime, here are some fun facts about the Grand Canyon that you may not remember from middle school science class:
- The majority of the Grand Canyon comprises rock that is 1 mile deep, 18 miles wide and 277 miles long
- Varied ecosystems in the canyon support more than 1,750 plant species
- More than 5 million people visit the canyon every year
- The Grand Canyon was formed primarily by erosion
- The canyon is home to 91 mammal species, 47 reptile species and 17 fish species